The Western NC Alliance for Gardens That Give is a group of volunteers, garden managers and other participants representing diverse models of community gardens in WNC that have one main thing in common: they grow food for donation. Our mission is to support each other’s success through the sharing of resources, experience and knowledge as well as to support the startup of other “Gardens That Give”.
No two gardens are alike and that is our strength. Each is community-specific. Though not all GTG do all these things, among us we: provide education for all ages; advocate locally, regionally and nationally for food justice; provide food for the poorest of the poor; have gardens of all sizes; have paid staff or are all volunteer; accept interns; provide an opportunity for service; provide a place for students to exercise their passions and gifts; are a bridge for interfaith cooperation; teach; and get to know our neighbors.
Though each garden is unique, all share a vision of seeing that everyone gets enough healthy food and that community is fostered in the process. Here is a list of the gardens that are current members:
- Covenant Community Garden (Reynolds) Covenant Community Garden (Reynolds, NC) Contact Paris Eldridge at email@example.com or 828-686-7815
- CrossRoads Community Garden (Asheville) http://www.crossroadsasheville.com Contact: Gary Higgins at 828-775-7008 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cullowhee Community Garden (Cullowhee, NC) Adam Bigelow Garden Manager email@example.com 828-226-0398
- Dig In Yancey – www.diginyancey.org (Yancey County, NC) Contact: John Hartom, firstname.lastname@example.org or Laura Seelbach, Laura.DigIn@yahoo.com
- Dr. John Wilson Community Garden (Black Mountain, NC) Contact Diana Schmitt McCall 828.337.8932
- Good Faith Garden (Asheville) abernethy.org ‘missions’ page Contact Diana Cerce at 828-254-2612.
- Grace Covenant Community Garden (downtown Asheville) www.gracepcusa.org Contact: Buzz Durham – – 828-775-5593
- Green Valley Community Garden – (Spruce Pine, NC) Contact: Ken Anderson – email@example.com or 828-260-3724
- Home Grown (Blk. Mtn) http://thinkearthcare.wordpress.com/category/earth-care/sprout-earth-care/ Contact: Ann Kieffer 258-6043 or 458-2004 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kenilworth Presbyterian Community Garden (Asheville) Contact Katie Adams 252-8872
- Lord’s Acre (Fairview) www.thelordsacre.org Susan Sides – email@example.com
- Love & Fishes Bountiful Garden (Asheville) Contact: Lynne Michael at lmichael9@gmail or 828-275-8919.
- Oakley …………………Shelley Webb: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or email@example.com
- Sandhill Community Garden – (Asheville) Laura Carter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Swannanoa Garden (Swannanoa) Lost their land in 2012. Looking for help & land. Contact: Sandy Drake email@example.com
- Sylva Community Garden (Sylva, NC) Contact: Karrie Joseph firstname.lastname@example.org or Jennifer Cooper email@example.com
- Rice Street Community Garden (Brevard, NC), sponsored by St. Philip’s Episcopal Church. Contact—Norah Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check us out on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/WNC-Alliance-of-Gardens-That-Give/203750153100395?ref=hl