9th Annual Square Dance & FUNdraiser Saturday, May 20, 2017!
Since 2009, we have continued to inspire new ways of living in community and increasing food access. We don’t buy the “giver”and “receiver” labels of charity—everyone has something to offer and something they need. We believe in weaving folk’s strengths, passions, talents, and creativity into addressing issues like food security, loneliness, prejudice, and the isolation of modern society. And what better way to come together than to dance, share stories and learn more about how you can get involved here with us or in a similar way in your area.
What to Expect:
Each year our talented friends and neighbors donate handmade wares, gift certificates and wondrous creations for a raffle and silent auction you’ll want to take a chance or two on. A live band and a called square dance will keep the afternoon feet moving and toes tapping and of course we wouldn’t host an event without bringing folks together to share a meal, and we invite you all to bring a dish to share as part of our potluck feast or a simply a small donation of $10 to enjoy a plate.
We’ll also have locally made beer from Hi Wire Brewing and Green Man Brewery as well as locally crafted cider from the wonderful folks at Noble Cider. French Broad Chocolates has generously donated hand-crafted chocolate treats which we’ll have available for donation that afternoon and evening. Our staff and board members will guide visitors on tours through the garden.
Bring folding chairs or blankets, your potluck dish and any financial support you’re able to contribute to help us in continuing to do this work. Together, we can help alleviate hunger, provide education and change lives.
Raffle Items Available:
- Two Passes to The Biltmore Estate + a $50 Gift Certificate to Corner Kitchen (value $175)
- Beautiful bird bath from BB Barnes (value $100)
- Hand crafted Bench by the talented Anne Tansey (value $150)
- Dinner for 4 at Rhubarb (value $200)
- Dinner for 8 by Maria Horton (value $160)
- Photo shoot with Amelia Fletcher (value $150)
- Japanese Maple Tree from Tom Ross/High Country Nursery (value $150)
- Home Makeover: Steam Master Carpet Cleaner, Large framed mirror, Gold-framed painting, Small cherub art piece, potted plants (value $250)
- Trail Ride for 6 with Annie Ager at Hickory Nut Gap Farm (value $250)
- 3 Days and overnights at Happy Tails, Gift card from Woof in the Woods, Cedar Ridge Heartworm test and year-long heartworm prevention (value $360)
- Family Photo Shoot with April Tarjick (value $100)
- 4 Tickets to Asheville Symphony (value $200)Large container garden from Garden Spot (value $ 100)
- A Taste of Downtown for 2: Asheville Community Theatre tickets, Breakout Games, Kilwins fudge and ice cream, and Aloft bar gift certificate (value $150)
- Happy Hour: Enter the Earth banded onyx serving platter, Whistlehop drinking glasses, Imladris Farm jams, Hickory Nut Gap Farm salami gift set (value $ 200)
- Aromatouch Massage, Essential Oils, Diffuser, and Trout Lily Market gift card, Farmer Jane soaps, Herbiary gift basket (value $200)
- Bee Charmer gift basket and aristically painted bee box by Garden Guys (value $200)
- Painting by Jen Rattigan (value $ 150)
Tickets will be made available at the gate or at several Fairview locations, TBA. We look forward to celebrating with you all!